Thursday, December 10, 2009

Megan Fox Q and A Session for Jennifer’s Body at Comic Con 2009 (Transcript)

Megan Fox Q and A Session for Jennifer’s Body at Comic Con 2009 (Transcript)

Megan Fox appeared at Comic Con to promote her two movies Jonah Hex and Jennifer’s Body. There was a Q and A session for them and here’s the transcript for the Jennifer’s Body panel. This occurred after the panel screened the first 15 minutes of Jennifer’s Body for the Comic Con attendees.How was it playing a character that is so over the top and so incredibly outrageous?

Megan Fox: I think what I loved about the movie is it’s so unapologetic and how completely inappropriate it is at all times. That was my favorite part about the script and about the character. It’s fun to be able to say the shit that she got to say and get away with it and how people find it charming.That vomit scene was pretty outrageous.

How did you shoot that and what other crazy stuff did you get to do?

Megan Fox: That day I think what I was actually throwing up in the scene was chocolate syrup initially. We did a few takes where I would just do this scream and sort of puke Hershey’s chocolate syrup. Scratch the Hershey’s because I don’t want to endorse that or anything.

And then, special effects did a rig that clamps onto my ear and you revisit it in the pool scene which you probably haven’t seen, but it happens again later on in the movie. It clips on. It goes around the back of my ear and then I bite down on it on the side of my face, like this, and it projectiles. It’s a tube and it projects whatever that material was.I’m not sure. It was pretty intense. I think it was worse for Amanda because she’s the one that got puked on. I was the one doing the puking.

Megan, did you have any trepidation towards playing this type of role, and once you actually started doing some of these scenes, how was the experience for you in terms of the acting change, like from what you’re normally used to doing?

Megan Fox: Oh, you mean from Transformers to making this movie?
How are they different? Well, obviously, there’s not distractions, like there’s no robots to distract you from whatever performance I do give. So, if it’s terrible, you’re gonna fucking know that it’s really terrible. That, of course, is intimidating but I think the character was so much fun for me. I wasn’t really sure what I was doing. I was just trying to have fun with it and I felt like I was able to make fun of my own image as to how some people might perceive Megan Fox to be. I was just sort of flying freely and I hope some of it works. Oh thank you, you’re so sweet.

Q: Of what we saw, it worked. We thought it worked great and you did really well.

Megan Fox: Thank you.

Q: We got a sense of how scary and how funny it can be, but how sexy can this movie be?

Megan Fox: Oh this movie is so sexy. You better put on your fucking sexy shoes for this movie. (Laughter) I mean, there’s a relationship that happens. There’s a relationship between my character and Amanda’s character that is, I guess, depending on who you are, either a common relationship that you grew up with or not but there’s sort of a hint of …there’s like a little bit of a Lesbian relationship that happens.

There’s a girl on girl kiss. I feel like it’s an homage to that but also we poke fun at how common that is in horror movies. And beyond that, before every kill there’s a seduction that occurs. These boys have to be seduced into getting close enough to this dead girl for her to devour them. So it does get sexy. I think I’m pretty sexy in it. I don’t know.

Q: Megan, are you a fan of horror as a general rule? Is this a genre that you’re naturally drawn to?

Megan Fox: I’m actually not. I don’t ever, ever watch scary movies because I have a very intense fear of the dark and the last horror movie I saw, I think it was called Tooth Fairy, and it was out in 2005 or something, and I was like 15 years old and I saw it and I slept with my mother for 2 weeks afterwards.
I get really affected by them. So, I think for me to be able to play something that I would normally be frightened by was really intriguing and interesting.


Q: How did you react when you saw the movie?

Megan Fox: I saw the movie… I was doing ADR on it recently and I didn’t know that they had done more sound design since the last time I’d seen it and so we were watching the clip that I was going to add a scream to and I remember the screams that I did on set and I didn’t know they had added more.
So, when I got to that part, I literally jumped and screamed inside the looping booth. It frightened me and it shook me up for 5 minutes. I couldn’t do my ADR because I was like, “Holy shit! That was really scary!” It’s cool to see myself being able to scare people because I’m just a little girl. Look at me, I’m so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment