Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thus Spake Salma Hayek !!

Thus Spake Salma Hayek !!

salma hayek opinions on many issues
Salma Hayek Quotes
Salma Hayek -Jesus christ-Virgin Mary:
she explains, "I don't like the way the Bible views women - this thing about the Virgin Mary conceiving a child without having sex - so if you conceive a child by having sex, there's a subliminal message that there's something dirty about it."And this is what makes us divine - I mean, the possibility of creating another life should remind women that we are creators, that we are made like God in our ability."There is nothing greater than to create another human being."



Salma Hayek on Motherhood:

"Motherhood is not for everyone. It is for me, but there’s no reason women should feel rushed to have a child. Society thinks if you don’t have children, you’ve failed as a woman, even if you are CEO of a company. You’ve got to be beautiful, smart, skinny, tall, rich, successful at your job, married to the right guy – and have genius children. And by the way, you also have to be a nun."



Salma Hayek opinion on Beauty and Glamour :

The stress [of appearing physically perfect] is sensational. But then, you have to keep everything in perspective. It’s a dress, hair, makeup – c’mon, let’s go! We have to stop this obsession that starts when we’re teenagers: ‘Am I pretty enough?’ I started out in Hollywood at the same time as Jennifer Lopez. Before us, Latinas only had roles that were part of the backdrop, as the maid or the prostitute. We changed that. Of course, you’re always looking for those Meryl Streep parts, but I am grateful for the things I did.

Salma Hayek Having $100 million:

“it’s a huge lie. It’s very, very far from reality. I don’t have that amount of money. Somebody sent me it and I laughed. It’s a bit like a joke. Obviously I have never earned $100m and I wouldn’t even want to.With things as they are in Mexico, it bothers me that they put me in a group of millionaires with $100m I don’t have when there are so many people dying of hunger. If I had $100m I would have retired and would be doing more things on an altruistic level than I can now.I would have opened centres in Mexico for violence against women and many other things.”

Salma Hayek on being skinny

I find it very boring to have to be skinny all the time. It bores me and makes me bitchy.And yet in Hollywood it’s OK if you are a bitch - as long as you’re skinny.A lot of these girls who spend so much time trying to be skinny- everyone is complaining about them.They don’t make people feel good about themselves.
Salma Hayek on Her Initial struggle:

“I grew up in a world where beauty was not only tall, it was white and blonde with blue eyes. And I’m dark, have brown eyes and brown hair and I’m short.People used to say that the short thing was a deformity. I was really upset about my height and then one day I said, ‘Who decided that it’s better to be tall? Am I less healthy? Am I less capable?’Mexicans are not the most welcome outsiders in America. I know the only reason I haven’t had good parts is because I am Latin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment